Sunday, April 20, 2014

Good Morning ...

Sorry that our posts won't be available until later this morning as our hotel has tech issues. We will do our best to get all the photos and journal writing done on the bus to Gettysburg. A few posts:

Our first stop today was in Philadelphia where we toured around the city. My group went to the liberty bell first which was interesting because I learned things about it that I didn't know. After that we went on a buggy ride and learned a lot. I came to Philadelphia not knowing very much about it but I came back knowing a lot. One of the things that I learned is that it was the capital of our country a long time ago but now it's D.C. Also in Philadelphia we watched freedom rising which I found fascinating and it intrigued me from the very beginning. After visiting Philadelphia we went and visited the Amish farms, I thought I knew about the Amish but I really didn't, I learned so much. I learned that their food was amazing!!! My favorite was their fried chicken. I learned so much today and I'm sure I'll learn even more the rest of the week.
-Josie


Today was so fun I learned so much today about the Amish religion, it was so fascinating to learn about what they do and how they live it was so amazing. They live completely different from how we do they don't use electricity unless for some cases in which some family member needs a medical machine but other than that they have no electricity. I think that they have a nice life in which they live long life's, they don't pick fights with anyone. Other than that we did horse riding we went to the Jewish museum and had a lot of fun in general. - Nathaniel 





No comments:

Post a Comment