Monday, April 21, 2014

More Day Three .. Philadelphia & Amish Country





Today was our third day of the Freedom Tour.  Just to get it out there, it was super fun. First we drove for a long time (I can’t say how long because I don’t know) to get to Philadelphia.  We hung out there for the morning. My group saw the liberty bell and went on a buggy ride. Philadelphia is really cool with all of the historic buildings where all of these really cool events from history took place. I especially liked riding through the streets because there was a mix of modern and old architecture that was the capital of the U.S. a long time ago. The liberty bell was neat too. I don’t really know what I was expecting of it. I hadn’t thought it was in a building, but it took a really long time and a long line to see it. After a downing of boxed lunch, we saw this special presentation about our nation. I liked the presentation because it didn’t just talk about one period of history, but all of the important moments that created our nation.

We then drove to Lancaster County. We visited an Amish community where we saw a house that represents what an Amish house is like. I thought that the tour of the house was amazing because they really don’t live all that much different from us. I think the Amish lifestyle is really simple but a good way of life. We ate supper at a restaurant that really exceeded my expectations. The food was awesome and I was full by the time desert came. I managed to gulp down some ice cream and cake. Today was really fun for me and I’m pretty sure that it was fun for everyone else too.

-Morgan

-Katelyn+Shannon


  Today was the third day on the freedom tour in Pennsylvania. First we went  to Philadelphia.  We explored the area where the constitution was signed on a buggy ride.  We were able to see historic buildings where George Washington and Abraham Lincoln had been. On the buggy ride the horses name was Ben Franklin named after Benjamin Franklin. We also went to see the Liberty Bell where it talked a lot about the Liberty Bell. After that we went to the United States Constitution Center and saw presentation about freedom rising.  Finally, we traveled to the Amish community where we were able to see the living style of the Amish people and saw a video about the history of Amish and  then we got to try an Amish dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment